Why Use Assessments?
It is hard to evaluate an individual’s traits, tendencies and skills at first meeting. You are limited as to the questions you may ask in the interview. Referrals are not always available. In most cases, candidates have been professionally coached, and their resumes professionally prepared. In the hiring, promoting, and the coaching processes, decisions can also be influenced by human bias, hindering your ability to put the “right person in the right job”. Consider the following questions:
- Are you hiring the best people? Promoting the right people? Building strong leaders? What makes some of your employees’ great, and others just average? How would it affect your bottom line if you could improve this?
- Have you ever hired someone who proved NOT to be a good fit for your position or company? What was the cost in time, effort, and money?
- Does your recruitment and selection process provide you with qualified candidates, and proven methods for selecting the best candidate for the job?
- Do you have employees who communicate poorly, or not at all? How does that affect overall productivity, morale, and bottom line profits?
- Are your employees fully engaged and motivated? Are they in tune with your company goals and mission?
By using assessments, you can be assured of matching the “right person” to the “right job”. Make identifying candidates whose competencies and values are aligned with your own, a more exacting and less stressful process.
What Benefits Do Assessments Offer?
If we use the analogy of the iceberg, we find that people are much like icebergs. You can see what is on the surface: their appearance, their resume, etc. – The Known. However, the part you cannot see: their values, attitudes, etc. – the Unknown, causes serious problems within the organization. Assessments provide us with insight to an individual’s strengths and weaknesses, behavior, attitudes, decision making, and communication skills. Matching an individual's competencies and attitudes to the requirements of a specific job description ensures a “good fit” – putting the right person in the right job. As a result, turnover is reduced and costly mistakes are avoided.
Aligned with several of the industry’s most respected and leading producers of validated instruments, Progressive Leadership offers a broad selection of assessments for a variety of applications. Just to name a few:
- Increasing hiring success.
- Getting the right people in the right position – a good job fit.
- Improving team development and cohesiveness.
- Enhancing Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evaluating individual strengths and areas in need of improvement.
- Benchmarking executive coaching needs.
- Validating P.I.P mandates.
- Evaluating organizational strengths and areas in need of improvement.
Assessments have long been an effective, but underutilized, tool to identify needed change and to enhance performance. Assessing, or benchmarking current status, is the first step in the process of change. Please contact us to learn how assessments could be of benefit to your organization, and to obtain a complimentary assessment.